EP #422: Getting Meds vs. Taking Meds: What's the Impact? — With Ted Mills
September 19, 2022
In this week’s episode, Ted Mills, CEO of Perigon Health 360, discusses his best practices for boosting compliance among patients. He explains the consequences of reduced compliance from both a health and financial perspective. He also breaks down Perigon’s “unit dose verification” process and how monitoring compliance elevates the role of the pharmacist and the care plan. Finally, Ted talks about the importance of maximizing patient engagement.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- 1:30 Defining “compliance”.
- 3:06 The problem in not taking one’s medication in terms of health as well as the dollar value of plans.
- 9:00 Why complications that come with adding a second medication contribute to decreased compliance.
- 12:19 Defining “unit dose verification”.
- 13:06 Useful technologies on the market to consider, and what’s upcoming.
- 16:01 Reducing friction to improve compliance.
- 18:46 Developing a strong relationship with patients in a post-COVID world.
Enjoy The Show?